Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday School

Well, one terrible lesson has passed.

I've no idea what I can teach these kids.

No excuses though - I think I was a terrible teacher. I haven't the temperament to handle problem children, and trying to hold a bilingual class as monolingual is just a joke. The lack of confidence I have in Chinese spilled over into my control of the class. The moment they smelled a hint of insecurity... habis.

I'm not going to say that this is not my gifting and just hide behind that, though. Large churches have the luxury of being able to specialize, but being in a small church just means I'll have to do whatever the church feels I have to do. That's the way it is and I accept that.

Next time will be better. Armed with better preparation and experience, and hopefully a helper or two (manpower shortage today), I'll prove that this bad lesson was for the better.

It certainly was an eye opener. I've been able to pretty much do anything I set my mind to for the past three years.

This will be an uphill task indeed. Oh well, Uncle Chan told us that uphills are good training what :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT?