Thursday, September 1, 2011

Half or Hard Boiled Eggs

This morning we had prayer meeting.

Naturally, it was hard to even keep my eyes open at the beginning. Funnily enough, I did encounter something eye opening.

An old Chinese couple spotted that we were Christians in prayer, and so blessed us and had a chat.

Although clearly very advanced in age, both of them were proud to tell us that, wrinkles and white hair notwithstanding, they had no sickness whatsoever. In fact, they cycled to the Westlake Gardens for some morning exercise all the way from their homes in another part of Kampar. There are plenty of young adults in UTAR who wouldn't be willing to travel that far without a motorized vehicle.

Their daughter is a missionary and they're very proud of it. They soon cycled off, looking like a very cute and loving couple indeed.

We went for breakfast in Ghany and Steven Liew ordered half boiled eggs. A 50-ish year old man from the next table passed him the soy sauce. That man was probably a local, and he was eating half boiled egg with his father, who was munching on a hard boiled egg. They chatted softly over their eggy breakfast and kopi.

His father, as one might expect, was probably an octogenarian, though of course we did not ask. No need to interrupt breakfast between father and son.


And I find it so hard to wake up early enough in the mornings to have a walk and breakfast with Ma and Pa. That has got to change.


6 comments:

  1. oh wow how true. I do try hard on doing that to have morning meals with my ma and pa!

    and how interesting. it's my first time visiting your blog and i am super surprise to see my blog linked at your place. I have been missing cf super hadnt i? Lols

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, so Ah Kin, now it's time to go back to see what you've been missing =)

    And Derky, I miss prayer meeting =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. why are we even talking at so many separate places renjie?=S

    nah, kinda dont fit in cf anymore lololol. I have my own church here in ipoh. So i'll be good :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahah! Okok, we'll keep the talking to my place alright? Won't kacau Derky's place.

    Derkyyy~~ Why the dogs died...? =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wengkin, I think I made a post on your blog ages ago, when I found it shortly after we met at CF Camp at Peace Haven, Genting.

    About CF attendance, I believe that we have a mutual understanding that relationship with God is far more important than quantitative things like attendance, etc. So (as you know) I don't mind in the least, so long as you are sure that you are being obedient to God in having fellowship with His people wherever you are (Obedience is a vital component in relationship between God and Man)

    However, it will be good to meditate personally on the reasons why we choose to pull out of fellowship with particular groups. Often, these can be symptomatic of some deeper spiritual 'breakage'. If, after self examination before God, one concludes that there is no such breakage, then all is well and no harm done trying anyway.

    Renjie, miss prayer meeting leh? Maybe you can do some kind of write up on why prayer meetings were so meaningful to you, and submit it to Gin so that he can post it on our CF blog? It'll be great for all of us to hear our alumnis share :)

    And.. as our Lord says, not a single bird falls to the ground apart from the will of the Father - and so we can soberly accept the passing of Jukky and friends. God knows what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh when was that? peace haven seems to be a long time ago.

    I have my own community here which we meet up several times without fail every week. So yeah we fellowship close and share pretty much everything. Thanks for the reminder tho.

    feeling foreign is another thing but I find it time consuming to attend two different congregation which sometimes would clash with my home church activities and takes my away attention from what I am already serving.

    ReplyDelete

WHAT?