Saturday, October 30, 2010

A square peg in a round hole.

Yes, so I realize my thoughts are rather esoteric.

But it remains that they are mine, and are part of what makes up who I am.

At first I thought that this makes it harder for me to bridge the gap between the hearts and minds of others and myself... but then hor, this is only partially true.

Being different doesn't stop me from understanding others, I think, not when I make a phenomenal effort (at the very least, an effort effort effort!) to listen and be able to empathize with others

But what about whether people can understand me?

Uhh.. I think it will be very nice la, because everybody wants to be understood, and I am no exception but while it's important, maybe it's also not that important.

After all, who am I? At the very least I am certain that I want to devote myself to others, and in doing so, must I not logically seek to love, more than to be loved, and to understand, more than to be understood?

That at least I can do, I think.

And maybe it is worth something, to be a glimmer of light in the deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT?