Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Ma

A few days ago was my mom's birthday, and I wrote this for her.


-------

Hi Ma, this is for you:


Specially for Mama


My Mummy was born on this day years ago

A little baby in Singapore

And at that time, how lil’ did she know

The things she had in store


She grew up - a baby into a lady

And one day met my Pa

When they fell in love she didn’t say maybe

Got married in Malaysia


There must have been many an adventure

Inserted into their story

Each memory itself a jeweled treasure

They submit to the Father’s glory.


Yet there must be a particular highlight

Something above the rest

A part of Ma’s life that nothing can fight

Her children: they are the best!


Not that I’m giving myself applause

I couldn’t stoop so low

But I think we are the best because

Mama treated us so.


-------


Hi ma, thank you so much for loving us and caring for us so far in our lives.


I don’t know how I can ever repay you in any real way – but I know I can try my best to be a good man of God that both you and Papa can be proud of. I just like you to know that I know both you and Papa always try to be the best parents you can be for us and I’ll continually look forward to those times when I can come home. Do not worry, whatever place Mama and Papa are at will always be home to us, just as we are always your children.


Your beloved son, Ah Derk

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT?