Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Jingle Bells

So recently a friend remarked to me that she can't really "tell what I've been up to" by reading my blog, because I don't really talk about what's been going on. Hm, why not give it a try.

So I've been on holiday for almost a week now - though it feels like much more than a week has passed since we overcame (or rather, were overcome by) our last paper, Professional Writing.

Christmas season was an especially happy one this year - I had a great dinner at home on the 24th. It was very nice to be able to pitch in my little skill-less help into the less-than-frenetic-as-usual Christmas dinner preparations. The dinner itself was really pleasant as I got to meet up with many old kawan-kawans and make new friends too.

Christmas itself was a really special day - Melaka Gospel Chapel put together an excellent Christmas Night. Besides being well prepared, I felt that it was genuine and sincere from start to finish - really touching and an appropriate way to present ourselves to the community.

On Boxing Day, a few of us participated in the Melaka Charity Run 2010. Clocked an okayy time of 28 minutes considering that I was running blind and didn't pace myself so well for the start. More importantly, a few of my churchmates ran their first ever race, which is always an awesome experience. Hope that they'll discover running to be a fulfilling endeavour just as I have.

So what have I been doing since then? Well, things have been pretty slow :( I've been reading a lot, especially some editions of The Economist. It's so analytical and insightful to the extent where I really really enjoy reading it. The level of reporting from our sycophantic mainstream media really pales in comparison.

Besides that, there hasn't been anything particularly fruitful about my post-Christmas. I've been progressively waking up later and later (10am today).

At the same time, Year 2 sem 3 has already begun to metaphorically knock on our doors. Our lecturer for Malaysian Literature in English has already emailed us one of our assignments, which is to write a critical review/analysis of a locally produced play. Ding dong!

The next semester may be a fortnight away, but it's there waiting for me: Fresh responsibilities in Kampar Gospel Hall, a potentially challenging academic semester, a running club to start, races to run, a Fellowship to be a part of, a committee to hand over and hopefully, more meaningful relationships to be made and deepened.

But that's for the future - I'd better settle the present first. Tomorrow, I'll get up early, go for a run, walk the dog, go for an early breakfast with parents and come back to clean the house before I let myself go reading again. And to top it all off, I'll end the day by watching Liverpool vs Wolves - don't let me down, mates!

Let's bring some order to our private lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT?