Friday, September 17, 2010

Research Methodology & HIMYM


Since I am studying for my Research Methodology paper, which is on Tuesday, I thought I'd do a pilot project on something that appears to be increasingly relevant in our modern society.

Basically, How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) is an American situation comedy that is six seasons long - kind of like Friends except that it's just legendddd-dary. Lots of people are watching it these days, including UTAR students studying for their finals.

Now kids, the story of how i met How I Met Your Mother is a story I'm gonna have to save for some other time - suffice to say that I blame it all on florencetina.

But I've stopped watching for some time now thanks to a combination of exam pressure, an increased passion for music and *coughcough* that florence didn't give me the whole set so I've watched what I have finish liao :3

Back to Research Methodology now, I've come up with a study that has revealed some shocking (well, not really) statistics about the relationship between student's GPA and watching HIMYM. This is a longitudinal study over the course of three weeks from the beginning of study week.

The results are shown below.

Having watched four seasons, it would appear as if I am heading towards a negative GPA this semester. I'm hoping that the external validity of this study is screwed up.

N.B. No respondents were harmed during the course of this study. I think.

1 comment:

WHAT?