Thursday, November 15, 2012

What I Know

There are a lot of things in my life that are better than who I am, and better than what I deserve.

What I mean is that there are things I am called to do and people I am called to love. And love is a beautiful thing because it is an immaculate quality that is accessible to us although we are flawed and broken.

It is sometimes hard to keep a handle on who I am, for one thing because people say different things. My employers, friends, church, family. They probably ALL have some truth in them. Human beings are both as simple as spaghetti and as complicated as string theory.

But I do have a handle on how God sees me, and that I am loved unconditionally. That is something I understand as a child.

And both the fact that I am loved unconditionally, and that there are those I WANT to love unconditionally as a result, gives me a firm grasp on the man I want to be.

Give me some time, and watch me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT?