Thursday, June 28, 2012

28-06-12


Maybe it’s because I’m a storyteller, or maybe it shows that I’m an intrinsically relational person or maybe it’s both; I have this thing within me that keeps wanting to let someone know about the exciting times that I’ve been going through for the past few days.

Phew! It has been quite hard to take it all in.

Moving in and sorting out my apartment in Kampar has been almost ridiculously pleasurable for me. Yes, my mind tells me that moving house, cleaning and unpacking are mundane exercises, but even as I mop the floor, rearrange furniture and stack my books on the bookrack, I feel a little tingle: This is my life that I’m building now, and this is my home as an independent adult.

It has taken a while. Since the age of 14, I’ve been living away from home but was ever a dependent.

Sure, we’re made to be relational beings who need companionship and therefore, we’ll never be fully independent. However, there is a time when a man can say that he is coming into his own, and I wonder if this is it.

Don’t get me wrong, I think I am silly and childish in more than just a few ways, but that won’t stop me from trying to be the man I have to be.
As ye olde Catholic brothers would say, it’s time to Ora Et Labora! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey man.

    Update my link bro, thenextyard.wordpress.com

    I promise to make it more happy if you read it.

    ReplyDelete

WHAT?